Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Packaging Guideline enforcement
Am 31.08.2012 17:03, schrieb Michael Schroeder:
On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 04:35:12PM +0200, Jiri Slaby wrote:
I still do not think users read that at all. I, as a user, carelessly
install updates and I really don't care what has changed (I would die
if I did every distro upgrade/factory rebuild). Do they really care
and why?

If they wouldn't care, how do you explain the requests to make yast
show the changelog of packages?

I wrote previously in this thread that I'd like to read them before
installation. As long as that is not possible the changelog is of not
much use to the user IMHO.
Sometimes for the packager still but my experience with trying to
reconstruct changes done from other people is pretty disappointing even
with our current rules.

Wolfgang