[opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-packaging] Packaging Guideline enforcement
* Dominique Leuenberger a.k.a DimStar (DimStar@xxxxxxxxxxxx) [20120829 14:42]:

A simple "Update to version x.y.z" is, as before, not accepted.

What is when there is *no* nor no usable info in the package about the
changes? Perfect example are some of the packages that comprise OFED
(publicly accessible in OFED:Factory). It's nearly impossible to get
useful info on the changes and I will not try to scan a ChangeLog with the
detailed changes and try to condense them into something usefull.

Most prominent is likely the mentioning of the patches life cycle,

The most usefull requirement would IMO be that patches were annotated as is
required for our kernels, i.e. a From line, date and and brief summary plus
the name and address of the person that added the patch.

Philipp