[opensuse-factory] Changes in the openSUSE Review team
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 14:57:25 +0200
The review of packages to openSUSE Factory and the released openSUSE
distributions have been done in the past by an SUSE internal
team. Sascha Peilicke, who's currently on paternal leave, did the vast
majority of reviews in the past months.

We have now properly formed a review team and started discussing our
guidelines and best practices. We created a couple of wiki pages to
describe what we are doing (use
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Factory_submissions).

If you like to reach the review team directly, please send an email to
review@xxxxxxxxxxxx. In general, policy discussions and changes will
happen on the opensuse-packaging mailing list.

The team currently consists of Andreas Jaeger, Berthold Gunreben,
Craig Gardner, Dominique Leuenberger, Lars Vogdt, Marcus Rückert,
Michal Vyskocil, Rüdiger Oertel, Sascha Peilicke. We'd like to grow
the team slowly over time with packagers that have shown good review
and packaging skills.

Our goal is to document our guidelines - and do a good review to
improve the quality of openSUSE's packages. If we err, please tell us
- we cannot know everything and might sometimes be too cautious if we
do not understand what and why something gets changed.

Andreas