Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE 12.2 branch is frozen
On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 01:56:35PM +0200, Ismail Doenmez wrote:
On 08/29/2012 01:54 PM, Karl Eichwalder wrote:
Ismail Doenmez <idoenmez@xxxxxxx> writes:

Starting this second we are freezing the package submissions to openSUSE
12.2 branch (Factory is fine). As the co-release manager for this
release I would like to thank each of you who submitted fixes to the
upcoming release. From new gcc to brand new X.org stack it was a bumpy
ride but I believe we managed to stabilize to the point we can finally
release it. So, on September 5 we will unveil the new openSUSE 12.2
release.

Thanks :) But what does this mean if we want to update something for
12.2? I creating MRs is now mandatory. Can you please explain how this
is considered to work? "osc mr --help" refers to
http://doc.opensuse.org/products/draft/OBS/obs-reference-guide/cha.obs.maintenance_setup.html
that does not exist (error 404).

I want to update some of our docs and some translation related packages.

Please see http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Maintenance all the new updates
for 12.2 should go through the maintainance process now.

short...

osc mbranch <package>

to branch all openSUSE x.x packages.

or

osc branch -M openSUSE:12.2 <package>

to get a branch of just the 12.2 product package.

You can do either do submitrequests against openSUSE:12.2:Update
or osc maintenancerequest (from mbranch).

Ciao, Marcus