Re: [opensuse-factory] gtkglext missing from factory
On Tue, 2012-08-28 at 14:44 +0200, Josef Reidinger wrote:
Hi,
some project in games repository start failing as opensuse:Factory
doesn't have gtkglext. Is it intention? I found that it is in 12.2 and
cannot find in in opensuse:DROPPED. It is accident or intention?
Thanks for answer
Josef

Ups, my bad!

I forgot to send out the preparatory mail for the drop of two packages:
gtkglext
python-gtkglext

from Factory.

Rationale: This is a 'preparation' for new pango version entering
Factory hopefully not too long in the future (together with gnome
3.5.x / 3.6)

And as pangoX got removed (obsoleted), they were dropped already.

sorry again: I only checked Factory, where nothing depended on them
anymore and forgot to make the announcement mail.

If the packages relying on it are indeed still of interest on Factory,
and keeping them beyond pango 1.31 / 1.32 is wished, we can have a look
at the (new) pangox-compat [0], but in either case, I think those
backport packages should live in the games repo then.

[0] http://ftp.acc.umu.se/pub/GNOME/sources/pangox-compat/0.0/

Best regards,
Dominique / DimStar