Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed kernel changes to help upstream development
On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 09:14:17AM +0200, Jiri Slaby wrote:
On 08/28/2012 07:05 AM, Greg KH wrote:
So, for the next kernel release, I'm thinking of switching the
kernel in Tumbleweed over to 3.6 at the -rc5 timeframe. Does
anyone strongly object to this happening?

Hi, I have no objections to that. However I'm not sure how do you want
to do it technically. Are you going to create a new Kernel:* project
for that purpose? Since I don't think it's a good idea to put -rc
kernels into Kernel:stable (and I would actually object to this).

No, I would be linking to the kernels in Kernel:HEAD that Jeff creates,
not create a new one.

thanks,

greg k-h