Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Infinality Fonts
  • From: Nelson Marques <nmo.marques@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 13:36:20 +0100
By the way, if you want to do a quick test drive to Ubuntu Font Family
and see how it looks, try this:

1. wget -c http://font.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu-font-family-0.80.zip
&& unzip ubuntu-font-family-0.80.zip
2. su -c "mkdir /usr/share/fonts/ubuntu-font-family" && cp
ubuntu-font-family-0.80/*.ttf /usr/share/fonts/ubuntu-font-family
3. cd /usr/share/fonts/ubuntu-font-family && sudo mkfontdir && sudo mkfontscale

Then configure your system to use the ubuntu fonts and don't forget to
change the aliasing to RGB; see how it looks :)
You can pretty much do the same for the .ttf fonts fonts from Windows.
Let us know of the achievements and if this changes or not the user
experience...

NM