Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed kernel changes to help upstream development
On 28 August 2012 09:19, Lars Müller <lmuelle@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
No objection but a hint from the RPM packaging side we can share from
our Samba packaging service. We provide alpha, beta, and RC version
there¹ too. And this causes trouble to RPM as 3.6.0-rc5 is always
larger than the final 3.6.0 from the alphanum comparison.

This is a limitation of RPM. Some might suggest to use the epoch
feature but even that would not help at the long run.²

Not since RPM 4.10.0 ->
http://www.rpm.org/wiki/Releases/4.10.0#Generalbugfixesandenhancements
("Support dpkg-style sorting of tilde (~) in version/release")

But sure, it's still not in openSUSE...