Re: [opensuse-factory] Infinality Fonts
  • From: Marguerite Su <i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 03:05:28 +0800
On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 1:25 AM, Nelson Marques <nmo.marques@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Marguerite,

I'm testing the infinality fonts (abusing of preload as upstream); do
you want me to submit the packages to the project you mentioned in the
past?

NM

Hi, Nelson,

Seems there's already been a fontconfig-infinality in my M17N:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/files?package=fontconfig-infinality&project=M17N

I'm not its maintainer, but I'm pretty sure it's not so well (configs
without infinality patches for freetype won't help much)

Here's my version:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/files?package=freetype2&project=home:opensuse_zh

I solved the preload error. It's now working on almost every Chinese
users' desktop. so It's stable.

You can push it there...

Or maybe we can push it into M17N/Factory with a new name like
freetype2-infinality?

I'm not sure if most of us agree with the infinality solution to
sub-pixel rendering. I saw a lot of disagreement in packaging list
last time when I try to push it.

The only tech thing to notice is we need a new package instead of
patching default freetype. (because infinality doesn't release at the
same day as freetype2. it's hard to maintain if in one package)

Marguerite