Re: [opensuse-factory] Help Apper to survive (12.2)
  • From: Rajko <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 19:09:13 -0500
On Wed, 22 Aug 2012 10:27:03 +0200
DenverD <DenverD@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 08/22/2012 01:56 AM, Rajko wrote:
I will volunteer to appear in Forums, but I need someone to tell me
which post; one at the time.

do you wish to be notified each time a new user wrecks their system

Yes.

I have daily portion of wrecked systems on IRC, and fix is seldom very
complicated.

What would make everybody's life easier is to have a bit smarter
1-click install that will take in consideration compatibility with
distribution. Let's new one that was created during GSoC. (Another
software that needs testers.)

or just those who complain of the previously mentioned blocking?

That too, although there is enough information in this thread to
explain how to stop blocking.

or only those who after the disaster ask "Why include it in the first
place"?

Obviously, yes.

hmmm...maybe you can set your own alerts/notifications here
http://www.google.com/alerts

:)

I'll skip that. Good old manual alert will work fine.
As long as you have interest, I have it too.

dd

In order to get attention and fix problems we need facts.

There is no much chance to wreck the system with current version of
Apper, so it would be interesting to know how that happened and what
frontend was involved.

--
Regards, Rajko