Re: [opensuse-factory] Help Apper to survive (12.2)
Am Mittwoch, 22. August 2012, 14:59:41 schrieb DenverD:
On 08/22/2012 11:03 AM, Sven Burmeister wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 22. August 2012, 10:27:03 schrieb DenverD:
On 08/22/2012 01:56 AM, Rajko wrote:
I will volunteer to appear in Forums, but I need someone to tell me
which post; one at the time.

do you wish to be notified each time a new user wrecks their system with
apper/packagekit/whatever-the-gnome-thing-is-named by having conflicting
repos added by 1-Click installs and a non-YaST package manager gone wild?

you have a right to your opinion even when it is incorrect,
unsupportable and presented in a very childish way.

Funny though that you cannot present any facts to prove your point of
"unsupportable". The facts about apper not doing vendor-change-updates by
default and not even offering the user a choice to do so (as yast and zypper
do) etc., which I presented, are childish (and as such presented) indeed,
aren't they?

there is no FUD in the fact that since 11.something that packagekit and
YaST/zypper have conflicted, especially among the new users wooed into
using 1-Click installs..

Ah, as foretold in another email of this thread, now you retreat from "wreck
their system" to "pk blocks zypper". Thanks for proving me right.

But please do not change the context of what my answer related to, it was the
wrecking + going wild and not the blocking. Nobody ever challenged the latter
and the context of my answer is quite easy to spot if you read the quote.

I'm sure I am right about you, Carlos etc. clinging to your magic "apper rules
package management" and makes everything else ignore zypp's conf files.

Sven