Re: [opensuse-factory] Help Apper to survive (12.2)
On 08/22/2012 11:03 AM, Sven Burmeister wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 22. August 2012, 10:27:03 schrieb DenverD:
On 08/22/2012 01:56 AM, Rajko wrote:
I will volunteer to appear in Forums, but I need someone to tell me
which post; one at the time.

do you wish to be notified each time a new user wrecks their system with
apper/packagekit/whatever-the-gnome-thing-is-named by having conflicting
repos added by 1-Click installs and a non-YaST package manager gone wild?

I would like alerts whenever somebody spreads FUD about this issue.

Bing!

And whenever somebody does not learn the facts he is offered about something
he got wrong.

Bing!

And whenever somebody goes wild mixing issues to his liking ignoring the bits
that do not fit in.

Bing!

you have a right to your opinion even when it is incorrect, unsupportable and presented in a very childish way.

there is no FUD in the fact that since 11.something that packagekit and YaST/zypper have conflicted, especially among the new users wooed into using 1-Click installs..

it remains to be seen if the 12.2 offering solves any or all of the problems encountered by uncountable new to openSUSE users for far too long a time..

an no amount of childish attacks can change that.

dd