Re: [opensuse-factory] Help Apper to survive (12.2)
  • From: Rajko <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 18:56:42 -0500
Correct, and this has happened.

With some package management, some time ago.
I guess that you see what I'm trying to say.

In other words the most recent version of Apper ... doesn't allow
vendor change, and it will not kill user system.

Well, that is good. What about the applet used by gnome?

Hey :)
1) That is not Apper.
2) I have no idea about GNOME, as it is still kind of running in my
VirtualBox. I can see only fallback mode, so I don't feel compelled to
try it out.
2) Xfce is also something that I don't see often. It is a bit
minimalistic; too much of conveniences are missing.

... to be tested by users.

I no longer test this part of the software, I stopped trusting it
long ago.

Take time for a greater good :)
Nothing big, just when you hit the problem, check versions etc, and
report it.

Also, when we help new users we must have current information about
software, otherwise we don't help, just the opposite.

Right, which is one of the reasons I asked for volunteers to do so ;-)

Funny. >:-)

I will volunteer to appear in Forums, but I need someone to tell me
which post; one at the time.

--
Regards, Rajko