[opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse] 12.1 Install DVD fails to boot on a Dell Latitude
El 19/08/12 11:18, Myrosia Dzikovska escribió:
I am trying to upgrade from 11.3 to 12.1 on a machine with very
limited network access, so I cannot use any of the network
installation options. I downloaded and burned 12.1 Install DVD, and
verified that the iso checksum and the media are correct.

When I try to run the installation, I see the boot screen, choose
"installation", it starts loading the kernel. The load process goes to
100%, then the screen briefly turns black, some message is printed
out, but I cannot catch it, because the laptop immediately reboots
itself.

I tried "safe mode" and "text mode", but that does not help, either.

The live ISO boots just fine;

Do you have the latest BIOS from dell installed already ? Dell BIOSes
are usually ...quite buggy :-|