Re: [opensuse-factory] RC2: what's the difference between factory and RC2?
On 2012/08/18 19:04 (GMT+0200) lynn composed:

I have just installed this:
openSUSE-DVD-Build0091-i586.iso
Which do I have?

Where/how did you get it?

factory or RC2?

http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/12.2-RC2/iso/

There was a 12.2RC2.5 announcement a few days ago, but I didn't save its
details.

If I run
zypper update
it says
Nothing to be done.
even after a clean install from the DVD.

Does it pull the stuff from 'net during install? t never has done before.

I don't know. My release-next installs are usually HTTP and get whatever they get without me noticing.

Yast repos say:
http://download.opensuse.org/update/12.2

Surely there have been some updates since RC2 was released.

/update/next is for testing that the updates process works prior to release. Most updates go in the snapshot repos prior to RC, and directly into the invisible release-next repo once the first RC is out. Check /etc/zypp/repos.d/ to see if the main 12.2 repos were configured by the DVD install. If not, add them, and delete the DVD repo if it's still there.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/