Re: [opensuse-factory] RFC: Please enable tap-to-click by default (redux)
On Fri, 2012-06-29 at 13:44 +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2012-06-29 09:55, Takashi Iwai wrote:

The necessary change for the bare X is just add three lines into
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-synaptics. But these setups are anyway
overridden by GNOME or KDE. I'm not sure whether synaptiks or
gsynaptics check the original values at the very first time, though.

What lines?

It sure is a nuisance when I log out and in the greeter I'm surprised
that the mouse does not work till I remember to click instead of tap.

Or perhaps login as the user gdm and do the changes for that user...

Indeed, the idea for my suggestion is to make tap-to-click a working and
consistent (and safe!) user-experience across the entire system, i.e.
starting at the openSUSE installer, at login screens (gdm, kdm, others)
and across desktop environments (GNOME, KDE, xfce, etc.)
--
Atri