Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed 12.1 - lost "Power Management Service"
On Thursday 28 Jun 2012 17:05:39 Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [06-28-12 16:20]:
opened systemsettings to adjust "Energy Savings" because my monitor was
not shutting down the backlight in the screen saver.

I see:

"Power Management configuration module could not be loaded. The Power
Management Service appears not to be runnint. This can be solved by
starting or scheduling it inside 'Startup and Shutdown'"

When opening "Startup and Shutdown", "Service Manager" group is not
available. I get err msg: "Unable to contact KDED" and grayed-out options
which are not selectable. All "Load-on-Demand Services" and "Startup
Services" status is "Not Running".

Anything relevant from the powerdevil module if you

killall kded4
kded4

in a console? (Assuming debug output is enabled with kdebugdialog)

Will
--
Will Stephenson, openSUSE Board, Booster, KDE Developer
(AG Nürnberg)