Re: [opensuse-factory] RFC: Please enable tap-to-click by default (redux)
  • From: Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 12:18:26 -0300
On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 8:12 AM, Atri <badshah400@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Enabling it by default will provide a welcome benefit for most users, not to
mention new comers who are just used to tap-to-clicking on other
user-enviroments (win, mac) from the get go. Also, along with this, enabling
by default the option to deactivate tap-to-click for a few seconds after the
last keystroke while typing takes care of accidental clicks and I think,
therefore, this change will be welcome to all.

Not only that, but also some way of scrolling should be enabled by
default. I've had trouble with this one, in some netbooks. Trouble
here is, that not all touchpads support the same scrolling method.
Many modern ones do it through multi-finger dragging, but single-touch
pads in some netbooks may require simpler methods (ie: drag the edge).

The type of touchpad would have to be used in order to decide the
default, and that's a little less simple.