Re: [opensuse-factory] New naming scheme for openjdk

On Wednesday 2012-06-27 09:30, Michal Vyskocil wrote:

* everyone knows what JDK is. At least in Java world and if someone
don't know what is it, he don't need it ;-)

-jdk is only understood by Java people, but -devel is truly global :)

* about "kit" hype - that's the specific problem of one vendor openjdk,
for (like IBM we have in SLE and I would like to have consistent
scheme everywhere) it makes a sense to have ibm-7-jdk

(ibm-7-jdk) I find that that does not emphasize the Java component
enough. Unlike OpenJDK/Icedtea, IBM is a company, not directly the
Java project. We should keep ibm-java for it. (And similarly
sun-java.)