[opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse] problems building perl 5.14.2 or 5.16.0 using RPMBUILD, build from tar or perlbrew (a cpan util)
Philipp Thomas wrote:
* Linda Walsh (suse@xxxxxxxxx) [20120625 20:28]:

COLLECT_GCC_OPTIONS='-v' '--version' '-mtune=generic' '-march=x86-64'
cc1 -quiet -v -iprefix ../lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.6/
help-dummy -quiet -dumpbase help-dummy -mtune=generic -march=x86-64
-auxbase help-dummy -version --version -o /tmp/ccggVtI6.s
gcc: error trying to exec 'cc1': execvp: No such file or directory

No wonder! Something like COMPILER_PATH=/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.6/
is missing in the output so it's no wonder the compiler driver doesn't find
the languge specific compilers which reside in a version specific directory.
Which version of SuSE is this, I assume 12.1? Is this the gcc that comes with
that distribution?

Why don't you use 'osc build' which will build the package locally but
fetches all that's needed from the obs?

Philipp

----
Why doesn't the compiler look where it needs to when it is run?
Seems like using a special build system to get around a GCC bug is missing
the point.

What variables is GCC not setting so it can call it's "cc1" phase"?

My PATH is set ok, but we never used to have to set internal paths for
compilers for them to work.

Seriously -- this is a good reason NOT to build on obs -- because things
like this don't get discovered.

You didn't see Ritchie using obs when he build "Hello World" -- But at that
point I couldn't even write "Hello World " and have it work -- that's pretty
bad.