Re: [opensuse-factory] splitting the update repo in oss/non-oss?
  • From: "Bernhard M. Wiedemann" <bernhardout@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 15:40:48 +0200

Am 25.06.2012 14:48, schrieb Ludwig Nussel:
Hi,

openSUSE currently has separate repos for free software according
to the free software definition and software that is not free
according to that definition (*:NonFree projects in obs). There's
only one update repo though that mixes both types of software
again.

Question is whether we should clean that up an have two update
repos. One for oss and one for non-oss. Advantage of two repos is
the clear separation of non-free components of course. You can't
accidentally build against non-free stuff then. Disadvantage might
be that this would add two more repos to a default installation
(the non-oss update repo itself and a separate debuginfo repo).

Any opinions on the matter?

my opinion:
If you do the split, do it for 12.3-MS1
so that we have time to verify that everything works as expected.

Ciao
Bernhard M.