Re: [opensuse-factory] Motivation of community maintainers(Was: Calling for a new development model by coolo)
On Monday 2012-06-25 16:49, Marguerite Su wrote:

Hi, all,

I don't know much on the infrastructure thing like being talked in the
original topic.

I did notice some projects of our current development model didn't
response well.

According to coolo, some factory packages didn't got fixed in two
weeks or more, even if we have email notification and a factory
repository enabled in all devel projects. It means if you login b.o.o
every day, you must be able to notice that your package fails.

As I mentioned elsewhere earlier, one problem is that project
maintainers also get mails besides the package maintainers even though
they are not really project maintainers. This is closely related to the
"maintainer is overloaded" thread (Subject: "the languished meaning of
mainta...")

Not all emails related to BS are delivered either. For example
bnc#739335.

I guess we have an active ratio even lower than packman. (they have
only 100+ maintainers, but their mailing list is as busy as ours)

Or maybe everything just works in openSUSE, while there's a lot of
packaging twist in packman :)