Re: [opensuse-factory] Splitting deb?
On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Michal Vyskocil <mvyskocil@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hallo,

this sounds like a good idea - +1 from me.

Just do not touch update-alternatives package, even if it's quite
inconvenient, this needs to be packages in separate spec to avoid huge
build loops in Factory.

Regards
Michal Vyskocil

sounds good to me.

I added those two packages (dh-make, dh-autoreconf) because newbies
can't do anything about .deb without them. (Actually newbies still
can't do anything about .deb, because Depends can't be fulfilled under
an RPM-based distro. But anyway it will help .deb developers.)

I even packaged dpkg, and debhelper in my home:MargueriteSu:debian,
then I found there's an official package called deb, so I deleted my
packages and updated the official one.

I think most of our users also feel confused they have to install deb
package instead of dpkg/debhelper, because no one tends to read our
packaging wiki first if he already tried packaging once on
Debian/Ubuntu.

Why not bind update-alternative and dpkg together, instead of deb?
When I worked on that deb package, I saw those are actually built
together.

Greetings,

Marguerite