Re: [opensuse-factory] The languished meaning of "maintainer" (was: Calling for a new openSUSE development model)
On Monday 2012-06-25 10:18, Frederic Crozat wrote:

I don't mind obvious one-liners, but Base:System/kmod was updated
without making an SR. That way I had no knowing nobody prepared a new
one and had made myself the work to update it to version 9, only to get
a "you must run osc up first" with naturally sufficiently conflicts when
attempting to check in. That sucks.

Another solution would be to more broadly use osc collab to work on
packages, to prevent stepping on other people toes and duplicate work.

The collab syntax is currently rather random.
Sometimes you have to add option dashes, sometimes you don't.
Compare:

osc help
osc collab --help

osc someaction security:netfilter iptables
osc collab someaction --project=security:netfilter iptables

osc collab buildsubmit -m "my message"
osc collab comentset pkg "my message"