On Sunday 2012-06-24 07:18, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:

I think it was three weeks for Beefy Miracle - maybe four. ;-) I think
the answer is to define a core that can be delievered reliably on a
six-month cycle and call the other options "respins" or "community
projects". That's what Fedora and Ubuntu do. They limit project scopes
and deliverables and other standard software engineering "best
practices".

And that is their biggest problem. It makes respins and the like all
second-class citizens. I am glad openSUSE does explicitly not do that.

Fedora has more deliverables than openSUSE - we have a DVD, a NET
install CD, a GNOME LiveCD and a KDE LiveCD. They have a DVD, GNOME,
KDE, XFCE and LXDE CDs *plus* a raft of respins.

More does not always mean better. In case of Fedora, the (very
unsuspecting) user is even more confused as to what to pick.