On Friday 2012-06-15 07:16, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 9:55 PM, Larry Stotler <larrystotler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 6/14/12, Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Let's discuss things very openly - I think we learned enough about where
the current model works and where it doesn't so we can develop a new one
together.

I hope I make sense here.  Please correct me where I am wrong.

How do we go about deciding what makes the next point version?  I
thought the reason openSUSE went to the 8 month schedule was to take
more time than a 6 month schedule allowed, but to get new versions out
sooner than yearly.

My recollection is that openSUSE was on a six-month cycle, there was a
two-month slip and it got institutionalized. Now we're on an
eight-month cycle, we need another two-month slip and we want to round
up to a year instead of institutionalizing ten months. ;-)

openSUSE institutionalized an 8-month cycle, while Fedora i14d a 6-month
cycle, but always slips by 2 weeks or so.