Re: [opensuse-factory] Build system solutions (was Re: Calling for a new openSUSE development model)
  • From: Graham Anderson <graham@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 01:39:14 +0200
On Monday 18 Jun 2012 11:56:57 Michael Schroeder wrote:
What gazillion stat operations? Are you talking about the scheduler?
Speeding up the scheduler doesn't decrease build time,

The source server + scheduler operate well until there's an unexpected
problem. I suspect the code doesn't matter, the architecutre is bad.

having too few packages to build is not a problem we need to solve...

Yet having too many packages seems to be a problem that OBS cannot solve.