  • From: Jos Poortvliet <jos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 14:56:39 +0200
On Wednesday 20 June 2012 13:29:46 Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Wednesday 2012-06-20 09:12, Basil Chupin wrote:
Please do. That would keep you busy, which would surely mean less
noise
here.

Touch??? :D

/Per Jessen
PS: sorry about losing my patience there.

Well, same for me ;-)

Please forgive me everybody if this seems offtopic and appears to start
a new thread - which is not my intention of doing either - but my
curiosity began with the fact that your word "touche`" has an "illegal"
char at the end which indicated to me that your mailer is not using the
now standard UTF-8 coding.
Jos had his mail sent properly AFAICS, clearly declaring that ISO-8859
is being used.

[main]

[message body]

[...] Touch=E9 :D [...]

If your MUA cannot understand these headers, that is your problem :)

You're both going over my head here, I simply haven't changed anyting
special in KMail. But a quick check shows me KMail replies preferably in us-
ascii, then iso-8859-1, then utf-8. I've set it to attempt to keep the
original charset when replying or forwarding for your convenience.

My emails are send via the Google smtp from my gmail address
(jospoortvliet@xxxxxxxxx) while jos@xxxxxxxxxxxx is just a forwarding
address.

And I'm quite sorry that somebody is impersonating you, Basil, as that is
extremely inconvenient at the least and possibly rather harmful in the
worst.

I am sure the admins on this list (see the bottom of any mail for contacting
the list owner) will happily block somebody impersonating you when you ask
them.

Cheers,
Jos