Re: [opensuse-factory] Current status of Live CDs
On Wednesday 20 Jun 2012 16:47:16 Stephan Kulow wrote:
On 20.06.2012 16:11, Martin Schlander wrote:
Onsdag den 20. juni 2012 10:04:25 Stephan Kulow skrev:
The KDE one is *really* really bad as KDE creates tons of data in the
filesystem - which is in RAM. This is most likely due to the great
akonadi

I thought Will had done some magic so that akonadi doesn't start by
default on the live system at least - only on installed systems.

I'm afraid you mix akonadi with nepomuk.

Nope, I previously disabled everything that starts Akonadi on demand in the
live CD config. If it is starting again, something new started to demand it.
Time for some Live CD maintainence to go on my todo list.

Nepomuk does not start on-demand, so it is configured off by default (and
anyone using it on a Live CD is welcome to enable it, if they have enough
RAM).

The german FAQ on akonadi says akonadi is started on demand even if
disabled - and the demand comes from the panel clock.

This should already be disabled, as Martin points out. I'll look and see why.

Will
--
Will Stephenson, openSUSE Board, Booster, KDE Developer
(AG Nürnberg)