Re: [opensuse-factory] Current status of Live CDs
Le mercredi 20 juin 2012, à 19:58 -0700, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky a écrit :
On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 7:13 PM, Juan Erbes <jerbes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Now, when I have resolved the akonadi issues, moving the executables,
yet I found other similar crap, and it comes from gnome, and is the
tracker-extract which uses a lot of cpu and memory, with about 10
proceses. I do'nt know if it was installed as a dependency of
zeitgeist.

I prefer the old style of the findutils-locate, which is accesible via
console.

Regards,
               Juan

I'm not sure of the exact connections between "zeitgeist" and
"tracker" just yet, but you're right - like Akonaid / Strigi /
Nepomuk, it's indexing certain parts of your filesystem the first time
it comes up for something called a "semantic desktop". It should be
suppressable for a LiveCD via standard GNOME configuration tools,
though. It should come up on an *installed* system and index the first
time the system boots.

Tracker only indexes files in some parts of your $HOME and removable
medias (ie, nothing on a livecd).

That being said, it should be rather easy to disable it with some
gsettings commands (or by disabling the tracker autostart files). For
GNOME, that's stuff we do in /usr/bin/gnome when we detect it's a
livecd.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.