Re: [opensuse-factory] Add Edit Feature to Yast Boot Loader using Grub2 for 12.2
On Tue, 19 Jun 2012 22:56:02 +0200
Freigeist <m4ng4n@xxxxxx> wrote:

Am 19.06.2012 18:22, schrieb Roman Bysh:
Hello all,

Is there a plan to expand the Yast Boot Loader using Grub2?
We would like to edit the /boot/Grub2/grub.cfg file.

The same way that we were able to edit /boot/grub/menu.lst.

Cheers!

Roman
openSUSE -- Get it! Discover it! Share it!
http://linuxcounter.net/ #179293
What about this one?

http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=139643

Yes, this way is possible to write grub2 part of yast2 bootloader. But it
doesn't edit grub.cfg. It edits /etc/default/grub from which is generated
grub.cfg (so don't have full control for all configuration, just subset that
grub2 developer decide that you can modify). Grub2 allows even bigger
configuration changes, but it contain changes in generators and it is really
tricky part.

Josef