Re: [opensuse-factory] Current status of Live CDs
On 19.06.2012 23:17, Larry Finger wrote:
On 06/19/2012 03:59 PM, Guido Berhoerster wrote:
On 19.06.2012 22:29, Larry Finger wrote:
If someone is working on the specs for a lighter-weight LXDE CD, or some
other desktop, please let me know. If not, I will try to put together a
spec file that will result in a Live system that fits on a 700 MB blank
with LibreOffice included.

I was planning to do a Xfce LiveCD containing the Xfde default install
(consisting of the XFCE-BASIS, XFCE, XFCE-LAPTOP, and XFCE-Office
patterns) and
have built live images using stock kiwi. So far I haven't had time to
figure out
how openSUSE:Factory:Live works and have some higher priority issues
in Xfce
that need to be taken care of before getting back to this. Let me know
if you're
interested in this, I'd certainly help to maintain it later.

I only mentioned LXDE because I use it on a couple low-powered machines;
however, XFCE will be just as good. I will try to setup the
configuration files under Factory:Live and then have those available for
uploading.

Cool, let me know how it turns out or if you run into any problems. One thing I might need to do is creating language packs for Xfce since that might save a couple of MBs (I started that a while ago in home:gberh:bundle-lang-xfce but it still needs some work).
--
Guido Berhoerster