Re: [opensuse-factory] Build system solutions (was Re: Calling for a new openSUSE development model)
On Tue, 19 Jun 2012, Stephan Kulow wrote:

On 19.06.2012 14:15, Richard Guenther wrote:

I don't see why "manual" is bad. In fact we should be perfectly aware
about an ABI/API change _before_ we check things in. Being ignorant
and relying on automatic rebuilds "fixing" things is even worse
than a concious "manual" rebuild.

Aehm, who is perfectly aware of ABI changes?

I invite you to review e.g.

ABI change or not?

No ABI change by definition as the SONAME does not change.

Yes, and you only detect if that is true (and thus detect bugs)
if you actually _not_ rebuild $world after Qt 4.8.2.

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <rguenther@xxxxxxx>
SUSE / SUSE Labs