Re: [opensuse-factory] Java 1.7.0 'promotion' breaks other packages
On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 12:50:50PM +0200, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
On Monday 18 June 2012 16:08:29 Michal Vyskocil wrote:
On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 02:54:47PM +0200, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
Hi all,

Seems these last days, Java 1.7.0 was 'promoted' to be the default Java
in Factory (must have missed the 'integration work' going on and the
announcement?)

Hi Dominique,

as I've been working (and still do) hardly during several past weeks,
trust me - there has been a long "integration period". I know that
something went wrong, but that shows only the fact devel project layout
as is is not usefull in such scenarios ;-)

Yup, we need to fix some of that, luckily we discuss it :D

Dominique's comments however were also very much about a lack of
communication. The hard work is not something anyone has to doubt - but we
(SUSE) don't talk enough about what we do. If you need any help with that,
talk to me or one of the openSUSE Boosters - it's our job to help with such
things.

Well, I've announced the start of OpenJDK7 project - at least

http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2012-05/msg00137.html
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-java/2012-05/msg00000.html

and I am sure that the default jdk will be announced properly in the
future as with new release cycle, it will happen regulary.

Regards
Michal Vyskocil