Re: [opensuse-factory] Build system solutions (was Re: Calling for a new openSUSE development model)
On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 11:52:22AM +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:
On 19.06.2012 11:51, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Tuesday 2012-06-19 11:46, Stephan Kulow wrote:

On 19.06.2012 11:03, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
Jan, this list is available for a long time and I posted it more often:

http://gitorious.org/opensuse/package-lists/blobs/master/output/opensuse/missingdeps

Nothing of this has to do with manual vs automatic rebuilds.

Then why do we have rebuild="local" in factory's meta?

Aehm, why? To be able to test factory and not watch it rebuilding for
days like Greg has to?

You need to help me out, I have a knot somewhere... Obviously automated
repeated rebuilds are bad, but still needed at times. If rebuild="local"
is "rebuild a package only when its own source changes", how do we deal
with such things as SONAME bumps (at least those that don't cause a
compile failure due to changed API)? Do you, after all, manually look
over the packages?
Jan, I can write scripts too :)

rebuild_logic="coolo"

Ciao, Marcus