Re: [opensuse-factory] Build system solutions (was Re: Calling for a new openSUSE development model)
On Monday 2012-06-18 21:24, Greg KH wrote:

An "osc whatdependson" in the form of a tree would help to know why
e2fsprogs triggers so many package rebuilds (apparently 2041 of the
5740).
It could also be handy to be able to list all the packages from
Factory sorted by the result of "osc whatdependson openSUSE:Factory
<that_package> standard i586 | wc -l" (trying to do it with a loop
could take quite a long time, and I'm not sure the OBS would like it).

$ osc whatdependson openSUSE:Factory e2fsprogs standard i586 | wc -l
2041

Somehow I kind of doubt that is really true, trimming the depends on is
needed :)

The reason is likely because e2fsprogs is simply listed in the
prjconf for "Preinstall". Unfortunately, Preinstall seems to imply
Rebuild-If-Changed as well, the latter of which, I suppose, we only
want for BuildRequires.