Re: [opensuse-factory] Build system solutions (was Re: Calling for a new openSUSE development model)
On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 06:09:59PM +0200, Tobias Klausmann wrote:
What makes the rebuilds that annoying is that we need a long time for
even small packages. That is caused by the fact we need to install
packages like "gcc" every time. Maybe we can somehow create an image
with "most used" packages we can boot into. With this we could at least
spare some time.

You didn't really read this whole thread, have you?

Plus we are somehow pulling packages in we don't really need.
As an example please let me bring up the package "libdrm":
It pulls in less and cvs which, as far as i can determine are not used.
That may be caused by wrong Requires for some other packages we could
fix but it would need a lot of work.

Fixes for packages are always welcome, please make this change and
submit it to the repo, others would appreciate it.

thanks,

greg k-h