Le lundi 18 juin 2012, à 12:44 +0200, Stephan Kulow a écrit :
On 18.06.2012 11:59, Vincent Untz wrote:

So stepping back a bit, and taking the idea of a :Staging project in
consideration: couldn't we have this :Staging project a devel project
for everything by default? People would branch from there, submit
changes there, etc. We'd have the maintainers of the packages set as
reviewers when the sr is sent to :Staging, so we could have proper
reviews. And for group of packages where people feel a separate devel
project is needed for early testing, we could still have separate devel
projects (branched from :Staging).

(This would obviously not solve the issue where some devel projects are
under-maintained, but at least we won't give the feeling they are
well-maintained)

Skipping devel projects for leaf packages sounds realistic - but then we
need to have all those that right now do reviews in devel projects like
utilities, devel:tools and so on as reviewers for :Staging. Basically
one devel project to rule them all :)

Or we can set reviewers per package (or group of reviewers). Which is
data that can get outdated pretty quickly. But it seems to work for
other distros, so...

And we'd still need a way to get them out of staging.

Right, finding a solution for this is a prerequisite. Adrian had some
ideas in the thread. Can't say if it's a step in the right direction,
but maybe worth a try.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.