  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 12:06:09 +0200
Stephan Kulow wrote:

On 18.06.2012 11:24, Per Jessen wrote:
Henne Vogelsang wrote:

Hey,

On 16.06.2012 00:25, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:

My view is that there's not enough prioritization going on. ;-)

You do realize that we are an open source project and not your usual
software-sweat-shop right? ;)

We as distro channel and integrate what all the FOSS projects and
our own contributors do out there. We don't direct resources, we
feed of what happens because an individual, a group or a company has
an itch to scratch.

It's the integration work that currently lacks passion and people
and that's why we have problems. So before you suggest other
software-sweat-shop things like resource planing, project management
or super-distros I suggest you think again about what we are and
what we do :)

Why should resource planning and project management and "what we do"
be
mutually exclusive? It seems to me that this thread is exactly about
a call for more resource planning and project management such that we
have a higher probability of achieving what we aim for.

Resource planning sounds pretty cool to me. I guess a good first step
would be to have everyone who plans to work on factory in the next
year to sign up and block vacation days, so we can book him.

Stephan, there's no call for that sarcastic tone.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (24.4°C)