Re: [opensuse-factory] Build system solutions (was Re: Calling for a new openSUSE development model)
Le samedi 16 juin 2012, à 01:59 +0200, Jan Engelhardt a écrit :

On Saturday 2012-06-16 01:46, Greg KH wrote:

Yes, but that has not much to do wth the issue here, USE flags are not
something that openSUSE wants to get into, and it's one thing that I
think is a big problem in Gentoo, as well as a strength.

Note, I've been a Gentoo developer longer than I've been a openSUSE
developer, so I know how Gentoo works pretty well :)

Anyone know how Debian handles library checkins into their build system?
Do they always rebuild everything? Or is there some other process to
determine if rebuilds happen?

It looks as if Debian does not have any automatic rebuilds at all.

Yes, it's a manual process. See
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=670299 for instance.

Cheers,

Vincent