  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 11:24:50 +0200
Henne Vogelsang wrote:

Hey,

On 16.06.2012 00:25, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:

My view is that there's not enough prioritization going on. ;-)

You do realize that we are an open source project and not your usual
software-sweat-shop right? ;)

We as distro channel and integrate what all the FOSS projects and our
own contributors do out there. We don't direct resources, we feed of
what happens because an individual, a group or a company has an itch
to scratch.

It's the integration work that currently lacks passion and people and
that's why we have problems. So before you suggest other
software-sweat-shop things like resource planing, project management
or super-distros I suggest you think again about what we are and what
we do :)

Why should resource planning and project management and "what we do" be
mutually exclusive? It seems to me that this thread is exactly about a
call for more resource planning and project management such that we
have a higher probability of achieving what we aim for.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (23.6°C)