Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumblweed and GNOME 3.4.1
Le mardi 12 juin 2012, à 11:59 -0700, Greg KH a écrit :
I now have GNOME 3.4.1 running in Tumbleweed, but wow, it's tough to get
installed due to some odd dependancies. Because of that, I don't feel
comfortable moving it to the "main" openSUSE:Tumbleweed repo at this
point in time (it's in openSUSE:Tumbleweed:Testing if anyone wants to
play with it.)

But, I'm sure that people do want to use it, so, any thoughts on what to
do? Just wait for 12.2 for users to be able to pick this up? Or beat
on the dependancy tree some more to try to make it easier to upgrade?

One annoying thing of running GNOME 3.4 with Xorg from 12.1 (which I
assume is what is in Tumbleweed) is that desktop-wide keybindings don't
work. We couldn't find a good fix except asking people to update to
a more recent Xorg :/

So maybe you'll want to consider taking the Xorg from XOrg:X11 in
Tumbleweed too. IIRC, this was tested on 12.1 by some people, so it
"should" work ;-)

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.