Re: [opensuse-factory] Java 1.7.0 'promotion' breaks other packages
On Sun, 2012-06-17 at 15:16 +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am 16.06.2012 14:54, schrieb Dominique Leuenberger:

=> So java does not even work!

You need to mount /proc for java to find it's libs.

Trapped in that one several times... I think "osc chroot" should mount
bind it :) (after all, osc build does too)

How could this variant even be considered to be promoted to the
'default' java in Factory now? Where did the tests happen? How much test
did happen before this change was accepted?
java 1.6 doesn't work either.

Dominique

(Yes, I COULD change libgda to use java 1.6 again.. but that won't
change the fact that java 1.7 is 'just broken')

No, you can't as 1.6 will die:
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2012-05/msg00137.html

I changed the default java in staging on monday, but at friday morning I
still didn't have an answer to the question what it breaks, so I had
no other option than doing it in factory and telling Michal to review
the failures as condition for the deletion of 1.6. The other option is
a bad one too: 14+ months of openjdk6 maintence without upstream.

Nice.. so the idea is to 'wait for Michal to fix it'?
I'll likely just have a look at my packages again to get those build
too... my point was more that the switch in itself could have been
announced with a 'keep a look at anything using java' warning (which
would not have triggered me to look at libgda of course... java is a
hidden feature in it).

Dominique

Greetings, Stephan