Re: [opensuse-factory] Java 1.7.0 'promotion' breaks other packages
Am 16.06.2012 14:54, schrieb Dominique Leuenberger:

=> So java does not even work!

You need to mount /proc for java to find it's libs.

How could this variant even be considered to be promoted to the
'default' java in Factory now? Where did the tests happen? How much test
did happen before this change was accepted?
java 1.6 doesn't work either.

Dominique

(Yes, I COULD change libgda to use java 1.6 again.. but that won't
change the fact that java 1.7 is 'just broken')

No, you can't as 1.6 will die:
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2012-05/msg00137.html

I changed the default java in staging on monday, but at friday morning I
still didn't have an answer to the question what it breaks, so I had
no other option than doing it in factory and telling Michal to review
the failures as condition for the deletion of 1.6. The other option is
a bad one too: 14+ months of openjdk6 maintence without upstream.

Greetings, Stephan