Re: [opensuse-factory] Build system solutions (was Re: Calling for a new openSUSE development model)
On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 06:04:37AM +0200, Graham Anderson wrote:
On Thursday 14 Jun 2012 21:59:59 Greg KH wrote:
That's a nice idea for small jobs as the rpm install time probably
dwarfs the build time. But speed up the I/O path, and that too should
also speed up.

Can we try to reduce the gazillion stat operations that OBS services do
before
we try to throw money at the problem?

I'm guessing that OBS is trying to figure something out when it is doing
these operations? Why do you think it is redundant?

greg k-h