[opensuse-factory] Java 1.7.0 'promotion' breaks other packages
Hi all,

Seems these last days, Java 1.7.0 was 'promoted' to be the default Java
in Factory (must have missed the 'integration work' going on and the
announcement?)

One of my packages (libgda) now fails due to that; the openSUSE Factory
status monitor correctly 'lists' this as 'Java 1.7 breaks it'.

Yes, this can happen.. I'm mostly 'surprised' of something like java
having a promotion like this, while this entire discussion is going on.

And in plus, I'm not even convinced that libgda is at fault. chroot'ing
into a buildroot with this java installed, for example even show:
laran:~> java
java: error while loading shared libraries: libjli.so: cannot open

=> So java does not even work!

How could this variant even be considered to be promoted to the
'default' java in Factory now? Where did the tests happen? How much test
did happen before this change was accepted?

Dominique

(Yes, I COULD change libgda to use java 1.6 again.. but that won't
change the fact that java 1.7 is 'just broken')