Re: [opensuse-factory] preliminary release notes update for 12.2
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 10:00:14 +0200
Basil Chupin wrote:

On 16/06/12 17:32, Per Jessen wrote:
Basil Chupin wrote:

On 16/06/12 00:24, Karl Eichwalder wrote:
Please, check the release notes and provide feedback (via bugzilla
preferred).

I just submitted a small update to Factory. These are basically
the old release notes with checkit markers; many of them are
systemd related.

I still maintain the document at Berlios:

https://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/opensuse/trunk/documentation/release-notes-opensuse
Editor accounts are available on request ;)
I tried going to the above link but Firefox came up with this
warning:

http://picpaste.com/untrusted-site-LxRsmJTG.png

so I didn't look as I didn't feel like being compromised.
Basil, that only says that the certificate presented by berlios could
not be verified: "The certificate is not trusted because no issuer
chain was provided."

The certificate is issued by Berlios CA, but I can't find the root
certificate. See also:

http://developer.berlios.de/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=12168&group_id=1

And here we are spending time and effort about trying to decide what
to do with Microsoft's UEFI and how it is going to affect openSUSE and
you are saying that its only a matter that "the certificate presented
by berlios could not be verified" :-) .

Why can't the certificate be verified?

Because the root certificate isn't installed on your browser or system.

What am I to do: believe Firefox's security extension and its warning
or ignore it? :-)

Well, the right thing would be to a) decide if your trust Berlios or
not, and b) install their root certificate if you do. However, as they
apparently do not publish the root certificate, you only have the
option of adding an exception to your browser.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (21.3°C)