  • From: Nelson Marques <nmo.marques@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 19:02:02 +0100
I assume the same is true when it comes to internet speed and bandwidth caps
and usb thumb drives. Saying "8G drives are $6 is actually kind of gross.
That means, all those 4G drives you already own are what? Throw them away
even though you paid $30 for them? Just gross.

You will never be able to provide a out-of-the-box solution for every
single consumer of openSUSE; You go for the majority... and so far in
countries like India, Brazil and others, optical media still plays a
major role where you don't have internet access. So nuking away 9%
storage that is available on optical media (either you use it or not)
just sounds a bit harsh for the sole purpose of allowing 4Gb sticks...

Well, I also payed almost 500€'s for my graphics adapter a few years
ago... Now it's pretty much obsolete... Yeah, it's gross to throw it
away now and pay 500€'s more for a new one which can rule on CRISIS ;)
But sure... that's how it works... things get obsoleted. Deal with it.

If you have so much servers and use cases, the cheaper thing to do is
to invest some time with Kiwi and make your own solution; maybe it's
gross for you (which most people will be able to live with that).

Keep in mind there's 7 billion more potential users, and you are just
1. Yeah I know... it's gross...

But not being gross and going into full offensive mode:

"The distinction between children and adults, while probably useful
for some purposes, is at bottom a specious one, I feel. There are only
individual egos, crazy for love." // Niccolo Machiavelli