On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 5:30 AM, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Brian K. White wrote:

But it is still a fight and nothing remotely like the universality of
a cd. If I had to give 1000 boot disks to 1000 strangers, it would
absolutely be a cd or dvd and not a usb even if the usb's were free
and the cd's were $.50 each.

+1

And I'd add that it would be a 32-bit Live *CD*, not a DVD, it would
boot in 512 MB and it would have a "dumbed-down Linux desktop" that
either looked mostly like a Mac (Unity with an openSUSE theme and all
the garbage stripped out) or mostly like Windows 7 (Razor-Qt?
Lightweight KDE?) at the user's choice. Maybe XFCE or LXDE or IceWM
with the option of the menu at the top or bottom? ;-)

--
Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb Computational Journalism Server
http://j.mp/compjournoserver

Data is the new coal - abundant, dirty and difficult to mine.