  • From: Jos Poortvliet <jos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 11:50:14 +0200
On Friday 15 June 2012 00:46:54 Nelson Marques wrote:
Right - SUSE Studio is not fully open source and Kiwi is. I think
there could be an open source version of SUSE Studio maintained by the
community for the community, though. That's a matter of negotiation
between Attachmate and the community should it be desired. There must
be people in the liaison between the two entities that could help if
we decided we want our own studio.

I might be wrong, but wasn't the community short of people to handle
infra-structure some time ago? So who gives in the free labour for yet
one more resource to deal with on a overload community ? // just
wondering

You're right. If we want Studio I'd rather just ask SUSE for an instance of
it which we can use - and use that. Let them maintain and improve it. As
I've said before, neither Github nor our Forums are open source. The
registration for oSC will be done in Google this year - what's the problem?
It works, let's be practical. Let's focus on our distro and let others
tackle the infrastructure thing...